Attorney Rajkrishna S. Iyer has an extensive background in employment and family-based immigration. He handles all aspects of business immigration working with both corporate and individual clients. Mr. Iyer has a wide breadth of experience in assisting employers with sponsoring their employees for permanent residence and temporary work visas such as H-1B, L-1, TN, O, P and E visas. His expertise covers immigrant visa petitions filed under extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher, multinational manager & executive, national interest waiver categories, and assisting clients file labor certification (PERM) applications under EB-2 and EB-3 categories. In addition to helping clients obtain green cards and temporary visas, Mr. Iyer advises small and large corporations in a variety of industries on immigration issues arising from corporate reorganizations, mergers, and layoffs. He works hand-in-hand with clients to develop effective strategies for business immigration while ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations as required by immigration laws, the Labor Department, and USCIS. With specialized knowledge of I-9 topics, he works closely with Human Resource personnel during the recruitment and hiring process, performs I-9 audits for employers, and advises corporations on a variety of other worksite enforcement issues.
Mr. Iyer has participated in several seminars on employment-based immigration. He is a member of the State Bar of California, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and International Medical Graduate Taskforce.
- Alternatives to H-1B: Fourth Annual Southern California CLE Conference-2016
- Immigration for Healthcare Professionals (Via Teleconference)- State Bar of California -2015
- From Rough to green-Understanding the latest trends for PERM and PERM based I-140 filing, Third Annual Southern California CLE Conference - 2015
- Foreign Born Employees for Work Visas and Green Card - Los Angeles PIHRA - 2015
- Health Care Workers: Nurses, allied Professionals and Foreign Medical Graduates - AILA Bangkok District Chapter-3rd Annual Conference (via Teleconference) - 2015
- Guide to E-2 Visa (via Teleconference) - State Bar of California - 2014
- Guide to H-1B visa (via Teleconference) - State Bar of California - 2014
- Issues related to the Labor Certification under PERM Process - AILA Southern California Chapter-2013
- Employment Based Visas: Immigrant and non-Immigrant Visas - Presentation to South American consular officers –Mil Mujeres Conference - 2012
- Do’s and Don’ts of I-9 Verification - In-house Seminar Presentation to existing clients - 2011, 2012
- Guide to US Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visa - Indo American Chamber of commerce- Bangalore, India - 2008.
Mr. Iyer’s Professional Memberships:
- State Bar of California
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- International Medical Graduate Taskforce